Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Do I have genital warts?

Hey all, I've came here because I need some reassurance. I have had a few brown bumps on the shaft of my penis for as long as I can remember. I'm sure I even had them before I engaged in sexual intercourse. I've always thought that they were normal and were just some sort of birth mark.

They appeared in a vertical line which was about 1cm and were very small. They weren't attached together but very close to each other and some were raised. They were dark brown in appearance and I can never really remember them changing. I can remember them as far back as 6 years ago and my memory before that on them is quite faint. Now the reason why I'm concerned is because I recently attended the clinic and they said they looked like genital warts and I had them froze off.  Now since them I have obviously been paranoid as to how I got them and have been inspecting my genitals. I shaved off all of my pubic hair and I noticed a very tiny clear stalk on the skin in my groin between my ball sack and thigh. It is single and comes off from the skin and looks like a skin tag. Thing is I have attended numerous times before and I've never been told that the brown lesions I had were genital warts which is why I'm confused and need some reassurance.

When looking online I notice that hardly any of the pictures resemble what I had. I know a lot of the cases are extreme but even the mild cases.  So to anyone who has genital warts or has knowledge I'm wondering...

If these were genital warts how likely is it for me to have them for over 6 years without change or any more occurrences?
and can genital warts appear in different places in different colours?

Please help me, thanks a lot!
lesions from GH or hsv-2 can look scabby but not the color you described hpv warts are flesh colored ok
Thanks for the reply but on numerous sites it states they can be flesh-coloured, pink or brown.
Yes, "drifter0213" is wrong again. Warts can be brown, pink or skin colored. He's trying to freak everyone out here. Go to the Doctor's forum and read what they say about it. To answer your question, it is not likely that they have not gone away in 6 years. For most people, they do but if you boost your immune system then they go away faster.
Thanks a lot, i've read that they clear within a couple of years in 90% of cases so it goes with what you say. Its so distressing not being able to get a test on hpv ;/
BUMP
BUMP
What is your question now?
I have a small growth that is coming bk on the scar tissue and its white this time whereas it was dark brown before.. Ive been applying manuka honey to it but it only seems to have got worse.. The nurse at the gum clinic said if it comes bk its likely to b a skin tag but I feel im being misled... id like to hear ur view........
Get it removed an biopsied. Sounds like a skin tag but cannot definitely tell by looks. Have them test the growth.
its very small and possibly too small for a biopsy.. say I I had brown 'warts' before, wouldn't they come bk the same? or is it possible for them to come bk diff colour?
also I was thinking that cos its so small n ive been applying vinegar n honey to it, it should've disappeared if it was a wart?
plus its flat!