Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Does Aldara help?

For about a year and a half, I had one little bump on the outside of my labia. Then, about 6 months ago, I had three more tiny white bumps show  up. I went to the doctor, and they gave me Aldara for HPV. This was in January. Since then, I have had the worst yeast infections, and while one bump is slowly decreasing in size (and has hardened and turned quite red in the process), none of the others are changing size at all, and I am getting more tiny little white bumps within a few inches of the initial three bumps I had. I am pretty sure it is HPV, but it seems to be geting worse. I have been tested recently for HIV, and that was negative... is there some other reason my body won't fight it off? Any suggestions, or experiences you've has with aldara would be appreciated... thank you.
I've been using aldara for about 3-4 months now. It took about 6-7 weeks to start working for me. It cleared up my warts in about 8 weeks but had another outbreak. It has cleared up everything so far. I'm waiting to go on a follow up appt so I guess will find out soon. How long have you been using aldara? I also had a yeast infection when i was diagnosed w/ hpv.
I just got back from a follow up appt, and the one that was getting smaller was in fact a wart, but apparently the other ones that were not changing were molluscum. (explains why they weren't going away!) The clinician thought that the yeast infections were unrelated, but regardless, since I only have on spot to use the aldara on now, the irritation has gone away. Thanks for the info! I was beginning to wonder on the aldara;  it's funny how a few months can seem like such a long time!