Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Genital Warts, Skin Tag, or something else?

My boyfriend and I went to a walk-in-clinic the other week because we had colds, but he also had a bump on his penis he wanted to have checked out. I left the room but when we left the clinic he told me the doctor told him he had genital warts. He only looked at them he didn't do any kind of tests. He only has two bumps, they are very small, seem a bit raised from the skin, a little darker than his skin color, and they don't burn or itch, and they haven't bled. He's had one of them since at least July, and it hasn't gotten any bigger, at least not noticeably. I never felt it during sex, but I felt it during oral sex. It reminds me of the skin tag I have on my neck, and I said that from the very beginning the day he found out, before I even knew what a "skin tag" was called. I just referred to it as a mole. We are willing to post pictures of them if that's allowed...But until then, do you think it's possible he was misdiagnosed? How well is a walk in clinic doctor trained to know just by looking? I'm going for a papsmir in about a week to get checked out myself but if we can get any info to ease our minds until then that would be awesome. Note: He's had quite a few sexual partners, but he always used condoms and seldom had oral sex. I read that skin tags can be caused by condoms.
Chances of a skin tag are less likely and more likely it is a genital wart. Warts are small painless growth on skin caused by Human Papilloma Virus. These can be light or dark. They are usually oval in growth and raised forming rough surface in the skin. Usually HPV causes warts in pelvic area and genitals.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after a biopsy skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing