Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Genital Warts

I recently found out that my husband has wart like symptoms on his penis. I have never been diagnosed with any type of STD, nor has he and I trust my husband completely when he says he has never had an affair. He has only had 2 sexual partners before me, one being his wife of 12 years and the other with protection. My question is, can you catch genital warts without having sexual intercourse or contact. Could I possibly be a carrier and not ever have known it? I was thoroughly checked for STD's when my IUD became infected 3 years ago and I left the office with a clean bill of health. He will be seeing a Dr. soon but I am anxious to know more about this now. thanks.

Puzzled in Oklahoma
1 Responses
Hi Doctor Ashwin,

I had intercourse with protection 5 years before.

FYI I have been having intercourse since last 9 months with my partner.

I got some blisters or Clusters on my penis since 2 months.

I have a consulted a doctor and he suspected HSV and asked to undergo some tests.

The test which are performed are mentioned below with results.

1) ANTIBODY TO HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS - TYPE I (IgG) (ELISA) <2

2) ANTIBODY TO HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS - TYPE II (IgG Class against Glycoprotien G2) (ELISA) <2

3) ANTIBODY TO HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS - TYPE I (IgM) (ELISA)  - NEGATIVE

4) ANTIBODY TO HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS - TYPE II (IgM Class against Glycoprotien G2) (ELISA)  - NEGATIVE

5) HIV I & II  - NEGATIVE

Please give me some information with this whether I am having HSV or not.

Can Genital Warts be carried out though other means other than intercourse.

If so how to cure those warts/blisters/Clusters what ever??

Regards
Pasagu.
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.