Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Genital warts hpv lesions and aldara

Hi I am a 30 year old male who was diagnosed with genital warts 3 years ago.  The warts never resembled what I have seen in the internet and I have got various opinions some have said they are warts some have said they are not! I have had many cryo treatments on these lumps and even self treated with over the counter stuff.
Anyway I believe they are but they are only small and tend to be flattish or slightly raised and don't take the form of what I expect warts to be like or pictures I have seen on the internet.  They do turn white with vinegar.  
I also have an area of skin on the frenulum which looks completely normal but turns white with vinegar.  I know I have been exposed to hpv as my ex has had to have cells removed from her cervix using the leep procedure.
My question is that if this is a hpv lesion and not a visible wart as such can it be treated with aldara? I'm concerned that it may damage the skin as it is very thin here.

Many thanks
A dermotologist is the best source to answer your questions. Make an appointment with one.
There is currently no FDA-approved test to detect HPV in men. Genital warts can be diagnosed through visual examination of the penis and surrounding areas. For small warts several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi thanks for your replies.
Part of the problem is I've seen many doctors and nurses.  Some have said warts some have said not.
Last visit was about 4 weeks ago because a smooth small raised area had appeared just under the ridge of my penis. It didn't seem to be on the surface like the pictures of warts are. The nurse looked at it said it's not a wart as it's not gritty like warts are and to just leave it.  Also where I've had cryotherapy theses tiny flat raised areas always reappear, sometimes only visible under certain conditions, correct lighting, stretch skin etc but they always seem to reappear in the same place.  Again they do not have a gritty texture and under a magnifying glass just look like smooth pimple type.
So I'm still confused maybe I'm looking to hard.
:(