Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

HPV - Using Aldara - QUESTIONS PLEASE!

Hi, So I dont know exacly when I got it and from who. Ofcourse after I have made several researches, talked with a few people, and seen the doctor, I had contracted HPV in the anus area. The doctor prescribed me Aldara which is a cream to treat genital warts. I was told to apply it 3 times a week, and Ive been doing it so, until a week ago when I researched all about Aldara and it says to do it twice a week. I am currently in week 8. So The warts are gone.. they were gone on week 4, but now the issue is this. As part of the down part of using Aldara is that it makes your skin go red where you apply it. But what happened now is that it burned off a piece of my skin. Now my question is, should I continue the cream even if the warts are all gone? I still feel like its itchy.. but could I still have warts coming to surface and I cant see? Help.
If there are no warts present then you should have stopped using the cream as soon as they were gone. The itchiness is probably because of the cream. stop using it asap. If the warts come back then you would use it again. and only on the warts! I was told to use a Qtip to put the cream on the warts and not so much!
If you are using imiquimod cream to treat genital and anal warts, you will probably apply it once a day for 3 days a week (e.g., Monday, Wednesday, and Friday or Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday). Imiquimod cream should be left on the skin for 6 to 10 hours. Continue using imiquimod until all of the warts are healed,

i found this on a website.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001024/