Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

HPV Genital Warts - Laser Treatment

My laser treatment - surgery - is planned for January.  Has anyone had laser surgery for genital warts removal before?

I am worried about the scarring and the recovery part of the surgery.  My Dr. said I would be in bed for about 15 days following the surgery, and that it would take about 1 month to heal completely.  I've heard about horror stories... bad scarring... tissue sticking together... skin not being the same afterwards, and complicated intercourse following the surgery.

Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!
I think im experiencing that right now... i have bad scars that like worse than what was there before.  im very confused, I just posted  a comment to hopefully get some answers also
I HAD THE LASER SURGERY FEB 3, AFTER USING CHEMOTHERAPY CREAM (INSERTED VAGINALLY) FOR THE PLACES ON MY CERVIX. MINE WERE WORSE THAN I THOUGHT THEY HAD BEEN THERE 8 MONTHS BEFOREI WENT TO THE DR BECAUSE I JUST HAD A COUPLE OF PLACES AND DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY WERE BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T BOTHER ME. MY SCARRING AT THIS POINT ISN'T VERY BAD (ONLY AROUND ANAL AREA)WHEN I WENT BACK FOR A CHECK UP I HAD A FEW NEW PLACES THAT HE TOOK CARE OF WITH ACID IN HIS OFFICE AND IN A COUPLE OF DAYS IT WAS ALLO GONE, NO SCARS.