Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

HPV or something else?

Hi everybody, I've been used to having odd bumps and swelling "down there", (what I think have been bartholin cysts) but this is something new and weird. While the other things only appeared one at a time, at the lower left side of the vaginal entrance and were a large smooth lump with no "head", I've recently been getting a few little lumps very much like pimples along my lower left hand side of my vaginal entrance.

They're small and barely noticeable to the visible eye (although I can feel them with my hand) and I really don't know what the hell they are. They're flesh coloured, not while, but are rounded like little pimples. I really don't want to think they're HPV, ESPECIALLY as I haven't had any sexual contact in over a year! I did wear a thong and a short skirt a couple of days before they appeared and I did sit down on some chairs (stupid I know, but it was laundry day)...I don't know if that could pass HPV along, apparently it needs skin to skin contact, you can't get it from toilet seats or towels AND usually they take at least 2 weeks after infection to appear. I had a full STD test done a couple of months ago and it all came out clear. So I'm asking, is there anything else this could be? I really don't want to go back to the doctor as I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and they're getting sick of seeing me, lol!

Please help, thank you in advance and God bless.
hey popcorn,
im afraid it sounds like genital warts alright. ive been havin the same things you are and just been diagnosed with them, go to your GP straight away. you can carry the virus for a long time(not sure how long as you can see ive just asked that question).
good luck and just get them frozen off as the Aldara is not workin on me.just getin worse if anything. Tea Tree oil is meant to be great so im going to start that tomorrow in a half and half solution applied 3 times daily to the warts. its has been know to kill the HPV virus too. well il believe that wen i seen it.

Hope this helps.

Worried
Aww, thanks for your response. I hope everything goes well for you, and for me too! I really don't want to go back to the doctors again so soon, and seeing as they're barely noticeable and they're not hazardous to general health I might just try the tea tree oil and see what happens.

Looking around on google seems like it can lie dormant for as much as YEARS inside the body! What a horrible little virus :( I wish you all the best, and thanks again for responding.
hey popcorn,
i would still strongly advise that you see your doc, it is vital for a proper diagnosis. or you can go to your local STD clinic to do it too and its more than likely free. its depressing the life out of me to be honest, feel like im crackin up over it. new BF who i cant and wont sleep with till its gone, glad hes so understanding about it though.

let me know how you get on...

WorriedAMC