Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.05k Members

Hpv transmission skin to skin

Hello! Im here to ease my mind a bit. Or if I really should be worried. A little about myself. I've been with the same person for about 7 years now. We are each other's first everything. I'm the only person he's ever had any sexual relations with. I was too until about three years ago when we decided to take a two month break from our relationship. I met a guy October 2102 while on break, and while we didn't have sex, we did fool around. He fingered me, and I rubbed his penis and at one point his penis rubbed against my butt for a few seconds. His penis never made contact with my vagina or any of my mucous membrane down there. After the incident, i felt horrible because my boyfriend and I decided to get back together a month after. He swears he didn't have sex with anyone and I was too embarrassed to tell him I had fooled around with someone ( which is why I feel like now this is mostly guilt that's triggering my anxiety). I went to the gyno 5 months after and she tested me for all stds. Everything including my pap was clear. Im good. This week my anxiety spiked again and I decided to go and get blood tested for Herpes. Negative. But now I'm worried about HPV. What if I got some sort of strand of it???? What are the chances I got a strand or anything from that incident that happened 3 years ago? Am I just letting my head get the best of me?  I know it's akin to skin transmission but is it just mucous to mucous skin transmission? My boyfriend shows no signs of anything after three years so am I in the clear? Since then I've also had normal paps as well.

Also, I asked the guy if he had any stds and he said no. So I don't know if that helps anything because sometimes there's no signs of HPV and you can still be contagious.

Help please :(
1 Responses
After 3 years, you should not be worried. Normal paps should be enough proof.
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.