Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Hpv treatment not working help

hpv anal warts type 16
been using warticon all august
but i see no improvment only felt some burning
cream will almost finish

shall i wait some more days to see any changes?
or shall i start aldara?
which is better aldara or surgery?
No one treatment is better than another. People react differently to each type of method used. Your doctor may try to use liquid nitrogen and freeze your warts. I do not recommend surgery. Your warts will resolve eventually on their own anyway, be patient.
I've been dealing with this for nearly a year now...tried the aldera (no improvement), Dr. removed w/acid procedure (some improvement), had laser surgery (worked well, but came back), I've had repeat trips to the Dr. for removal w/acid treatment...So far breakouts have been less severe (meaning # of warts) and the time in between breakouts is getting longer

With that said I would not recommend aldera or laser surgery...I had severe side effects with aldera & in my case it just didn't seem to work...laser surgery was only a temp. fix (warts came back) & it was extremely expensive (over $5,000.00)

Based on my experience I would recommend getting them removed as soon as you notice a breakout & keep that up...Just as with other virus' your body will eventually build up a tolerance/immunity & suppress the virus...It will still be with you, however from what I understand about it, it will be in a dormant phase in which you no longer have warts and chance of passing it is extremely low or not at all