Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Im sick about my hpv

Am I a ticking time bomb?  Dignosed with condolomya in 1998, Had them from 1986, they were missed diagnosed for 12 years.  Called condolomya in 1998 and removed, did not realized that condolomya ad warts were interchangeable.  Met my wife in 1998.  Married her in 2000.  Warts returned in 2004.  Not knowing what they were had unprotected sex with her for four months, until my doc could get me in.  When he removed it and called it warts this time I freaked.  Ever since then, they have returned every three or so years and go away after cryo and aldara.  I have been vigilanant not to reexpose my wife.  For 8 years I have lived on the edge, afraid that I will hurt her.  Every year when her pap and HPV screen are negative I breath a sigh of relieve.  This past December that streak came to an end.  She has a great ob who we have kep in the loop the entire time since we discovered my issue.  He called and said that no big deal, but she tested positive for a low risk type of hpv.  Defianately not high risk.  He said is either dormant or just clearing up.  Not sure how he can tell, but he does a type of dna test.  He reassured here no big deal and we will ree test in a year.   Because we are so hyper about it we asked him to do it in 6 months.  My questions are three fold.  One if, it low risks with no signs of warts is it from strains 6 or 11 the warts strain or some other strain?  She was sexually active fo 12 years before we met with 7-8 partners.  Any chance, the pap has just picked up the beginning of the virus manifesting and warts will soon appear?  And lastly and themost frustrating part.  I check myself every day in the shower.  Last week we had sex three times.  Twice vaginally and the other orally.  A day after the last encounter I discovered the tiniest wart I have ever had.  Indeed however I went to my doctor, confirmed it and had it treated today.  I am sick.  Have I put her in jeopardy again, or once exposed to my strain, it doesn't matter.  Obviously I never would have sex with an active breakout on purpose.  But I wonder if  can continue to ensure her, that I will catch it ever time?  Despite my best efforts, I missed this one and feel horrible.  I love her and we have 3 beautiful kids.  I do not want to lose her, but cannot stand the thought of hurting her.  Please help
In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.  But, sometimes, HPV infections are not cleared and can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person.
The human papilloma viruses (HPV) are predominantly sexually transmitted and that high-risk HPV types are a major recognized risk factor for development of cervical cancer. Low risk HPV may fight off HPV naturally and never get cell changes. Or, you may not fight off HPV, and HPV could cause cell changes in the future. Your wife should repeat another Pap test and HPV test within a year. Cell changes happen slowly.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.