Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Imiquimod side effect or Herpes?

I was using Zyclara (imiquimod) to treat a genital wart.

2 weeks later my scrotum became red and started burning. Eventually it formed a blister, with another scab like sore on my shaft, where the two touch.

Concerned that it was herpes, I went to the planned parenthood. The doctor said she doesn't think its herpes and its a reaction from the Zyclara. She swabbed it just to be safe and sent it to get tested.

Today they call me and say the lab couldn't get a result. Now I just feel like I'm in the unknown and there's not much I can do.

I did not have swollen lymph nodes, no fever, and the sore is filled with yellow pus.

Really not sure what to do at this point. I'm pretty positive it's just a reaction from the cream but my mind is very anxious. this sucks.