Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Imiquimod side effect or Herpes?

I was using Zyclara (imiquimod) to treat a genital wart.

2 weeks later my scrotum became red and started burning. Eventually it formed a blister, with another scab like sore on my shaft, where the two touch.

Concerned that it was herpes, I went to the planned parenthood. The doctor said she doesn't think its herpes and its a reaction from the Zyclara. She swabbed it just to be safe and sent it to get tested.

Today they call me and say the lab couldn't get a result. Now I just feel like I'm in the unknown and there's not much I can do.

I did not have swollen lymph nodes, no fever, and the sore is filled with yellow pus.

Really not sure what to do at this point. I'm pretty positive it's just a reaction from the cream but my mind is very anxious. this sucks.
0 Responses
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.