Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Internal Anal Warts

I've never posted here before but I was hoping to have a couple questions answered by Dr. Handsfield.

I noticed a wart on my anus and internally (I am male) last March (it's been just over 6 months). I had them diagnosed and was prescribed aldara for the external ones. My dermatoligist froze off the existing external ones that developed a few weeks later but more came back. After having used it on and off for months I am currently free of the external ones...but the internal ones feel fairly widespread. I am waiting on a call from the office to schedule surgery for them. After these are removed, is it likely that they will persist/reoccur even though it's already been over 6 months with no improvement internally? I have also been experiencing itching and some fissuring on the area near where I used the aldara..even a week after stopping the aldara. Is this normal? Thanks so much for your time
1 Responses
Do you lead a healthy life?  Smoke cigs? Drink?  Don't exercise? Eat crap foods?  Never take vitamins?  Get little rest? Stressed?  If yes to these questions, some of us believe that re-occurrence is possible and only a strong immune system can prevent that. Doctors may not agree with what I wrote but its what I believe.
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.