Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Isotretinoin for genital warts

I'm a 24 year old male. 13 Months ago I was diagnosed with genital warts. At first my doctor applied podofilox and alternated that with liquid nitrogen. Later I started using Aldara, and most of my warts disappeared. However, I've never reached full clearance.
I'm thinking about taking Accutane (Isotretinoin) for my acne and I read that this drug has also been known to treat genital warts. Is there any truth to this or is it just a rumor? Has anyone here had success with this treatment?
Research had showed that some patients had benefitted after isotretinoin for genital warts but it is not the commonly followed treatment. For small warts several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.