A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members
181789 tn?1269794404

Just need to get it out of my head

I don't know if this is the right place to post my story and questions, but I am a 27 year old and just had another abnormal pap smear with possible HSIL and having my colposcopy this Thursday.
So my back story is I got HPV genital warts in 2005 and and had my first abnormal pap smear LSIL in the beginning of Jan 2006 and positive for HPV. My colpocopy in 2006 came back with just mild dysplasia. Then I was normal until 2007 with another abnormal pap LSIL then colposcopy negative. Then another year later 2008 abnormal pap, but my dr saw no abnormal cells when doing the colposcopy so no biopsy. 3 years later after being normal and having a baby, I got a abnormal pap Jan 2011 with possible HSIL had biopsy and ECC and it came back negative possible infection from IUD taken out. But what scared me was my dr while doing the colposcopy said she definitely saw HSIL, but biopsy was negative? And here I am abnormal pap again possible HSIL.
I was just wondering if this is normal for all of this just to keep going back and forth for 5 years now? Also how long can I keep having abnormal pap smears with negative biopsies? Sorry it is so long I just need to get it all out and answer these questions in my head on what is going on and what the future holds for these tests!
0 Responses
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.