Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

More Genital Warts After 2 Weeks of Using Vergen

I was diagnosed with genital warts 3 weeks ago. I've seen 2 gynecologists and one dermatologist.  They didn't seem to have much knowledge about genital wart HPV.  They all prescribed the Vergen topical ointment for treatment.

I noticed in the last 5 days that more warts have appeared in my inner labia area.  Is this normal although I've been applying the Vergen 3 times a day as prescibed?
Vergen is a herbal cream for warts and the discoloration can be due to allergic reaction to this cream. You should not use it without doctor’s guidance. For small warts several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thanks Dr Kaur for your response.  I've been researching   Podophyllin and podofilox (Condylox).  Can scarring result after using this treatment?
have you tried getting them frozen off?
I've learned that freezing can cause scarring, which I'm trying to avoid.
Freezing may look like it'll cause scarring, but it usually won't. I was convinced my were scarred and it turned out they weren't.  Chances are that after a couple months maximum, you'll never know you were treated.