Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Not a big fan of Aldara

Greetings, I don't come around here much any more, but two/three years ago I was quite active on this forum.  

Recently I may have had another outbreak after 2 1/2 years without.  Doctor gave me Aldara.  Thought I'd pass my thoughts along.  I've had warts burned off with nitrogen and cauterized as well.  Aldara doesn't seem to be an alternative to me.  First, you have to apply three nights a week for three months.  Then, the skin on your shaft and balls and get irritated to the point of breaking open and bleeding.  If bleeding sores is a side effect of Aldara, why not just get the warts zapped or burnt, have the sore, let it heal and be done with it.  That's my perspective.  I've got one more month and the bumps are still there so I'm gonna stick it out and see what's up.  I'd advise against Aldara and go with immediate destruction.  
For small warts, several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts.Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Bhupinder Kaur, MD doesn't really read the post I think.  This answer doesn't apply very well to what I posted.   Also, that lame disclaimer at the end is getting old and serves no purpose.  
Hey, sorry that you got another outbreak.  I remember you from the past on this forum. Aldara can have side effects that you mention and was never something I was going to use. I agree with freezing or burning them off. The sooner they are gone, the better.
I remember you as well.  Life doesn't stop just because you got HPV once.  There is always the possibility that I got another strain. Yeah.  Not the coolest development this new wart is, but by now I just can't be bothered by it.  Hope you're well.