Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Sex after being treated for genital warts?

I have previously been treated for genital warts with trioacetic acid and the warts are gone from what I can tell. It has been almost a month since my warts have been gone. Stupidly I got back together with my last recent sex partner and she also has bumps or genital warts that havent been treated yet. Well to make a long story shorter we had protected sex with a condom, but there was pubic rubbing together while we had sex. What is the possibility of being reinfected with this again? Can I become infected again in different spots now?
If you become infected with one type of HPV, you can also become infected with another type. However, the body's immune system has a certain way of 'remembering' foreign invaders and has the ability to gain mastery over the same type of HPV infection if you were exposed to it again. Due to the fact that it has only been a month, this was probably not enough time for your body to control the virus thoroughly. You can become infected in different spots (or even the same spots) again.
If you were with the same woman for years, and shared the same virus, it would be unlikely in this case that you two would experience any type of ping-pong effect of the virus. Give your body time to grasp control... Also you should urge your lady friend to have her's removed.

My Best,
Rainn
Thanks Rainn. Also I wanted to say that I recently had a biopsy taken from my pubic hair region to test for a abnormal bump. I had sex with her with this open cut from the biopsy and the band aid fell off. Im thinking its a possibility that I will have warts in this area now? since it was a open cut rubbing on her pubic region?
It is rare that genital warts spread to the pubic hair region. The HPV virus seems to prefer the more 'wet' areas such as under the head of the penis. However, it is still possible to get a wart in the pubic hair region. The fact that you had an open cut may or may not make that spot for susceptible for the virus. Truth be told, your question is very specific, and I think you already know, there is no way to assess this with any degree of certainty. I know what your mind is going through right now, but you have to relax and give this time.

Also, if you were willing to sleep with this girl knowing full well that she had genital warts, perhaps you two should work together to remedy the situation. Assuming you can both eliminate the warts, it is possible to remain wart free together.

My Best,
Rainn
I was hoping to make it work with her since we both have had genital warts. Well mine are gone but hers are still there. But I guess she doesnt want to make it work with me as she told me she started seeing another guy. I dont know if there having sex? I feel sorry for the guy if shes having sex with him. But anyway I just have been stressed out and all and was stupid enough to even light up my old bad habit for a day smoking marijuana and a pack of cigarettes. That really made my situation worser. Now my digestion system feels messed up bloated and gassy constipated.. I just wish I wouldnt have freaked out so much and picked up my bad habits of smoking again as I have been smoke free for almost 11 months. Now I have to start all over again. I have been against smoking since I quit then I just decided to light up figuring it would help with this genital wart stress but it didnt. Just another problem on top of another problem I guess.
One of the last things you want to do is smoke, anything. The best way to deal with the stress is treat your body right. This way, after months of no recurrences, you will think about it less and less. In time you may never think about it at all. The girl sounds like she might be spiteful she has it, and does not care about the welfare of other people. Watch out for people like that.

My Best,
Rainn
Yeah man seriously. You think hpv genital warts is bad keep sleeping with her after she sleeps with other dudes and get aids. I wouldn't mess around with that. I would stop the smoking and go about a year being abstinent so that u can clear that virus and at that point u are cured. Then find a good girl and before u do anything else have her get a STD check up plus a pap for other hpv strains.  Just my 2 cents.
Is it true that the HPVirus clears out of your system forever after 1 to 2 years?  Is this true for both men and women?  Thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated.
In some cases it can.  Its really different for every person.  I know people who have cleared it in no time and others who keep testing positive for it.  Keep healthy and positive.  Truthfully I don't think the virus is as big of a deal as everyone thinks.  I have dated two girls since I knew I had it and neither of them were bothered by it.  There is hope just realize its a PITA to tell someone.
I personally believe you can clear it. I hope so too because I am tired of looking at my junk every time I use the restroom   Luckily I have had very minimal symptoms for a year now.  I just get tiny flat ones that are very difficult to see. Only in light really. They aret cauliflower either. I've tried aldara and a few went away but most don't so now I just take papillex a herbal supplement desiged to strengthen your immune system for hpv specically. Results are usually seen in 3 months. I'm on my first month. Hopefully it works because this has put a toll on me mentally. Can't wait to put this behind me. My wife never had symptoms just a abnomal pap and her last pap was normal so evidently she cleared it. Super glad she did. Wish I had her genes!