Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Sores from using Aldara

I was prescribed Aldara for GW and used it twice, as directed with a day in between. The side effects, fever/chills and pain were horrible, almost unbearable, so I stopped using it. Now I have these sores in the vaginal area that sting and burn to the point that walking and even sitting up is painful. I'm wondering if I can put bacitracin on them to heal them faster, or is there something I can use for healing and the pain?
no need for bacitracin. that actually can make things worse too :(

you need to be seen for a proper exam just to err on the side of caution. these are all side effects of the aldara but best to get checked out to make sure you don't also have any vaginal infections or genital herpes too since this sounds a little more extensive than the typical sores from the aldara.  meanwhile you can do something as simple as a barrier cream to the skin like desitin, aquaphor, a&d etc to help soothe the skin and to protect it until you can be seen today or tomorrow.  also you can use dermoplast spray ( the blue can for the genital area, not the red can ).  It's a topical anesthetic that is safe for the genital area.

grace