Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Treating warts after 3 years

I discovered a couple of (what looked to me to be) warts on the shaft of my penis a little over 3 years ago. I wasn't sure what to do and left them alone for a while. I noticed a few more had grown and eventually tried to treat myself, but not on a consistent basis. They would disappear for a day or two but then return. Two larger ones, flat, on the top side of my shaft and quite a few smaller ones on the bottom.
It wasn't until recently, about 2 or 3 months ago that I started to treat them aggressively. I started using Apple Cider Vinegar and immediately noticed a change. The smaller ones on the bottom of my shaft would sort of disappear and reappear, kind of like they flattened out but then would raise up a bit. They would turn white and then sort of scab, and would appear gone but under an intense light I could still see there were bumps. The 2 flatter ones on the top of my shaft are more stubborn. I finally got them to turn black and crust over, but the raised skin would still be there. I'm wondering how long a self-treatment like this takes to get rid of the warts?

I also discovered new ones a few months ago at the base of my scrotum near my groin. They don't seem to be responding to the ACV very well.

I've heard that ACV is a very good treatment, better than the creams that are prescribed. I do want to see if Aldara can work for me, but I don't know if I can afford it right now.

Is is strange that the warts have lasted this long? And that they are taking so long to disappear from the ACV?
Do you smoke cigs? Do you drink alcohol?  Do you eat unhealthy? Do you not exercise often? Do you not take vitamins?  Are you stressed?  Do you often get little sleep?  The strength or weakness of one's immune system is what causes warts to persist or go away. ACV treatements are good but if you are not also boosting your immune system then it won't work well, IMO.
I don't smoke. Drink alcohol occasionally. I try to eat as healthy as possible, but not perfect. I exercise every day. Take vitamins every day. I have the normal stresses of everyday life. My sleep patterns could use a bit of work. I keep in general good health so i'm wondering why I can't seem to get rid of them.
90% of people clear them in 6-24 months. If you are also having unsafe sex, that doesn't help things. Take Zinc and Folic acid as they tend to make a difference. Suppliments like Green Tea Extract and Garlic also have good impacts. I ordered this today as it is supposed to help boost the immune system.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-superior-herbs-agaricus-blazei-mushroom-extract-500-mg-90-veg-caps