Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

Veregen

Hi, so I went to see my gynecologist almost 4 days ago for bumps, he said he thought they were genital warts and gave me veregen to use after taking off a few for a biopsy.  I have been waiting for the results (though I know I have no other STDs thankfully those tests have already come back) and using the veregen.  i have not noticed any changes to the bumps or what i think are bumps surrounding my vagina nor the the bumps surrounding my anus.  the day of the appointment i found something way down on my labia minora between the minora and the hymen (i believe), i assume he would have seen it but i have been freaking out about this thinking maybe he didn't and applied the veregen.  it is now very sensitive and kind of yellow with some sores.  Should I be concerned that there is an infection or should I continue to apply this?  I may not receive the results until next week and will have to make it through the weekend.
It may be boils or infected cysts. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a gynecologist as you may need incision and drainage. Also then herpes sores should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It was definitely a bad reaction.  I stopped treatment of aldara for a while and everything has gone away.  Recently I began treatment of aldara again, less frequently, and much more conservatively.  Again, I have had some sores, which I again freaked out about, but realized herpes could pretty much be ruled out as I have not had sexual contact and it appeared with the use of aldara again.  I was told to apply aquaphor and it helps immensely.
sorry for the confusion, that was from veregen, i had a horrible reaction (much worse) to aldara after stopping veregen.