Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Warts?

Hello and thank you for reading. I'm looking for responses from people who have warts or who have had experience with people who have had warts. About 2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a female. Several days later I noticed inflammation on the rim of my penis located on the right side. The inflammation resided and proceeded to affect the left side. I went to my family doctor and got tested for herpes and HIV. Both were negative and my doctor did not feel the need for an HPV test. Two days after the doctors visit while the rash sensation was on the rim of my penis located on the left side, I noticed 3 red small bumps. The bumps are not in cluster formation and sometimes irritate when I put on lotion or baby powder after a shower. They do sometimes itch as well and are only visible when I retract my foreskin. The bumps are steadily losing the reddish color and size but still are somewhat visible. Could these be warts or some kind of bacterial infection? I've read all the symptoms for genital warts and they say the warts are painless, cluster formation and often associated with discharge of the penis. I have yet to read if warts are irritating during growth or look like red bumps in early stages. I have another doctors appointment Monday and I will ask for an HPV testing. Any opinions? Thank you very much for reading.
1 Responses
There is no HPV testing... only a doctor can visually take a look at it and with his/her experience tell you if you have HPV or not.. I would say go to a STD clinic since they are the most experienced ones because they look at these things every day...
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.