Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

Your experience with Aldara (Imiquimod)

After about 2 months of worrying about some bumps I had in my genital area I finally decided to get checked out. I went to a walk in clinic to get it looked at since I currently don't have a primary physician or anything. The doctor seemed somewhat angry when I told him what was going on and hastily asked me to show him. He looked at the bumps for about 15 sec and said it was viral and that was it. He prescribed me Aldara and I've been using it for about 3 weeks now.

My question to the forum is how well/soon did Aldara work for you? Since I've started using Aldara, I have noticed zero improvement so I'm just curious how long it took.

And the doctor never said anything about genital warts, just that it was viral, is it common to prescribe Aldara for something other than genital warts? I've been reading some topics on this forum and found that it is uncommon for the bumps (if they are warts) to be in the pubic area/ lower abdomen. The vast majority are on my penis but I'd say I have maybe 6 on the lower abdomen and one on my thigh. Thanks for the help!
0 Responses
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.