Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

aldara damage

hey im a 20 yr old male. i used aldara for genital warts and it has only made my life worse. i used it for about a month and a half and been off it for about 2 weeks. anyways it did not diminish my warts AND MOST IMPORTANTLY my penis is STILL really red and with a burning sensation and sensitivity down the shaft and base (which is not even where i applied the drug!). I have tried vitamin E oil but have now stopped cuz idk if it helped or made it worse...... I have stopped all forms of sex etc to let it heal (its been awhile)...  Should i be worried about PERMANENT nerve damage and scarring????? i really just wish i had never touched this drug. please help :/
Go to a health shop and ask them for Helichrysum, Calendula and Onion Extract if they do buy them mix all three together apply it there two to three times a day over a period of time see if that will help with the scarring.
I think you'll be fine. Just let it be and it should calm down. I worried majorly about scarring from having my warts burnt off (it looked terribly scary) and you can't tell at all. Not a single mark anywhere I've had removals. Granted, it's not the same as your situation, but does go to show how resilient your junk is. After all, it's made to take a pounding :P
Good lord I would love some more Aldara for my tiny warts I have left. I am being denied treatment though.