Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

aldara serious reaction?

I started aldara treatment for GW about 4 weeks ago. most of the warts have disappeared by now.. only a few remaining. My question is regarding the severity of my adverse affects. I experienced fatigue,muscle aches, ulcerations, blisters, swollen labias, redness,pain, cracked open skin, itching, peeling. My latest concern is this giant rash that appeared just during my period.about 10 days ago. I was using pads (i read that tampons could spread warts??) anyway the whole area blew up. a raised pink rash developed with pink bumps and little vessicles just at the end of my outer labias. I had stopped treatment about 5 days before this happened to let everything heal over. most of the rash peeled away like a sunburn. its still red with a few pink bumps and the red vessicles, but its all flattened out. Im just curious...is it eczema, a bacterial skin infection, irriation from the pad or irritaion from the menstrual blood in contact with open wounds or a chemical burn, allergic reaction?  a latent case of herpes even crossed my mind...i just bought some bacitracin for the rash was that a good move? does it need treatment or should i just let it heal on its own?? I only used the treatment for two weeks, and havent used it for two weeks so im surprised it got so serious so fast! i feel like i got every single side effect possible!! is this something i should be worried about?
Yes, some of the side affects you described are part of this treatment and shows that the healing process is going fine... you've done the right thing by stopping the treatment till the time skin recovers and gets back to normal... You may use the moisturizers or petrolium jelly to help your skin heal early... I would advise you to read the treatment instructions once again carefully and see if you are doing anything wrong or using the cream in excess than prescribed... the irritation seems to have come from using pads on the affected skin and the menstural fluid might have added to cause a bacterial skin infection... One another suggestion is to apply some moisturizer or petrolium jelly on the skin surrounding the warts while applying the aldara on warts... remember, aldara is to be applied on warts only and should not come in contact with the healthy skin...