Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

diagnozed with genital warts today

I'm a bisexual male. I went for STD tests today and the doctor said I have 4 little genital warts around my anus, and he frozen them with Nitrogen. My HIV result is negative. Other test results are not out yet.

1. I don't have anything on my penis. Can I pass HPV to a girl friend through unprotected vaginal sex suppose she keeps clear touch of my anus?
2. Do I need multiple Nitrogen freezing treatment after this one?
3. Can HPV infection cause slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis? It's very subtle but sometimes i can feel it a couple of days ago, but not now.
4. Can the warts cause itching? because it itches a little bit sometimes around my anus.
5. I feel a bit itchy sometimes at the opening of my anus although it seems there are no warts in there and the doctor didn't treat it. Can there be hidden warts in there?
6. Suppose my warts get cleared, do I need to worry that I'll pass HPV to my partners who touch my anus?

Thanks much!

1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.  But, sometimes, HPV infections are not cleared and can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person.
So it is best to have protected sex with your girlfriend.

The methods of treatment for HPV are many. several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts. Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

Burining at the tip of penis can be due to STD’s. If STD is totally ruled out, then the tingling you feel at the tip of penis can be due to an allergic reaction (say to body lotions, condoms, soaps etc) or it can be a skin condition like eczema, dermatitis etc or it can be a fungal infection. Other than that it can be a simple bacterial infection or balanitis.
There are many causes of anal itching apart from warts. it can be from eating spicy foods, irritation around the anus due to frequent watery stools, poor hygiene, skin tags, anal fissures, bacterial infections, fungal infections and parasitic infections. Exact diagnosis can be confirmed only after examination of the area.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.