Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

diagnozed with genital warts today

I'm a bisexual male. I went for STD tests today and the doctor said I have 4 little genital warts around my anus, and he frozen them with Nitrogen. My HIV result is negative. Other test results are not out yet.

1. I don't have anything on my penis. Can I pass HPV to a girl friend through unprotected vaginal sex suppose she keeps clear touch of my anus?
2. Do I need multiple Nitrogen freezing treatment after this one?
3. Can HPV infection cause slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis? It's very subtle but sometimes i can feel it a couple of days ago, but not now.
4. Can the warts cause itching? because it itches a little bit sometimes around my anus.
5. I feel a bit itchy sometimes at the opening of my anus although it seems there are no warts in there and the doctor didn't treat it. Can there be hidden warts in there?
6. Suppose my warts get cleared, do I need to worry that I'll pass HPV to my partners who touch my anus?

Thanks much!

In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.  But, sometimes, HPV infections are not cleared and can have HPV even if years have passed since he or she had sexual contact with an infected person.
So it is best to have protected sex with your girlfriend.

The methods of treatment for HPV are many. several medications(like podophyllum resin, Podofilox (Condylox), Trichloroacetic and bichloroacetic acids, Imiquimod 5% cream and interferons) are available, which can be applied directly to the surface of the warts. Other treatment options include electrical cautery, surgical removal, Carbon dioxide laser treatment and electrodesiccation.

Burining at the tip of penis can be due to STD’s. If STD is totally ruled out, then the tingling you feel at the tip of penis can be due to an allergic reaction (say to body lotions, condoms, soaps etc) or it can be a skin condition like eczema, dermatitis etc or it can be a fungal infection. Other than that it can be a simple bacterial infection or balanitis.
There are many causes of anal itching apart from warts. it can be from eating spicy foods, irritation around the anus due to frequent watery stools, poor hygiene, skin tags, anal fissures, bacterial infections, fungal infections and parasitic infections. Exact diagnosis can be confirmed only after examination of the area.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.