Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.05k Members

i dont know what to do?! do i have hpv

Okay i had unprotected sex 3 months for the first time. I lost my voice 3 days after words but got my voice back the next day. A month ago. I got swollen nodes on my left side and i look in my mouth and saw my tonsils were swollen with a red vein on the right tonsils. There are also red bumps in the back of my throat. Could this be hpv? I didn't give him oral he gave me oral after we had sex and we kiss could i get hpv that way. He said he was all fine though. I went to the doctor they said it was a viral infection and i did all the doctor told me to do, drink water rest and so on. But its all this there. My node went down but now it kind of hurts. And back by my wisdom teeth i have these small little bumps they dont itch or anything like the ones in my throat. I dont know what to think or whats going on is it even possible to get hpv in my throat without oral? And i dont have any worts in or on the outside of me.
1 Responses
No it isn't possible. Always start with your dentist for an oral exam. If the dentist is concerned, then he will recommend you to an oral surgeon for removal and biopsy of any bumps. Or you can see an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor.
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.