Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

imiquimod and the pain associated with it

I was diagnosed with type 6 or 11 HPV last week when my gyno discovered a few warts on the hymen area. I was devestated. He gave me Imiquimod and it seems to be having amazing results except one thing: I'm in so much pain I can't go to the bathroom without crying or screaming. I called the doc and he gave me lidocaine which helps but even putting it on initially is unbearable. What can I do to soothe this pain? Its rattling my nerves and I'm horrified to go to the bathroom. I've heard a long time ago about people with painful urination that they could pee in a tub or bowl of water. I don't know how I got this. My initial thought was from a man who raped me and an ex that cheated. But anyone can have this. Please help me!
please believe that you are not the only one suffering your body will eventually fight off the virus ok :)