Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

infectious

I just recently confirm that the small lamp at my genital is a wart,, the doctor prescribed Aldara 3 times a week,, doing some research about genital warts,, if the warts gone is it still possible that Im still highly contagious to my bf? how long will I use Aldara?  I was like so afraid after finding out that i got HPV.

Every article I read says there is no cure for the disease it self,,  its getting in my nerve ,, my bf dont know anything about it, Ive been trying to avoid sex with him., he is my new bf,, afraid that he might think of me little. Is there no more vaccine for someone who already got the disease?

pls ... Help Me ,, thnk you so much., mwah
I would urge you to not think of how he is going to think of you for telling him you have HPV but rather how he will feel if you don't. Because HPV is very common and very easy to get, he prob already has it.

No, you have it, you can't take anything to change that. You can only treat the symptoms, warts or cell changes per your docs advice. Once these symptoms have stopped you wait 3 to 6 months and can assume you have passed the virus and are no longer able to give it to someone else. This is not 100% and using condoms is not 100%.
you mean i got to wait for 3 to 6 months before having contact with him?., after months will the genital warts return? Im also concern about the risk in having cancer,. ahys,, thank alot for the help,, at least a bit of my anxiety lift out..
Cancer is very very rare, you need to keep your regular doc appointments to make sure if there are any changes they can treat them in a timely manner, otherwise the risk of cancer goes up. This is more if you have high risk HPV, that causes cell changes, usually on your cervix.

If you have warts you have to have them treated, then once they are gone and you are no longer getting any then you have to wait 3 to 6 months before you can feel you HPV is low enough that you are not at a risk to others. Really they say 1 to 2 years.

You need to accept you have HPV, that it is very common and not to feel like you are a bad person or ashamed. You have already had sex with him, he has already been exposed, that doesn't mean he has it but he could. If he does the two of you share the same strain and can't give it to each other again. You have that strain the rest of your life but very often the symptoms never come back once you pass them out of your system. You can't hide this, you might for a while, he may never get any warts. If you don't tell him he is taking risks without knowing and if you breakup he can pass it on to others.

I know it is scary but most people who have sex will have HPV.
ok thnks alot,, Im gonna tell him.,,
:) I hope it goes well. You def have the choice not to. I told mine as soon as I found out and it went very well. He talked to our general practice doc who assure him this is very common and that I was making a much bigger deal out of it than I should be. I am the one with the symptoms and I am just the one who freaks out easier about health issues.

I woul suggest you educate yourself so you can pass info on to him.
.,Im kinda like you making a big deal of it, health issue,, its just in our country its not common, and i think i got it from him,, but not sure,, just afraid that people who might fine out or he might misunderstand me.,and hope he love me enough to go through it with me
Warts usually show up 3 to 12 weeks after transmission. This is not a set rule as there are people who never have symptoms and those who get them years later. 90% of warts will clear up within months. Again HPV is one of those things that you can't predict how your body will react. I am sorry that you have to deal with shame and fears based on society. I assure you here in the US I feel a lot of those same feelings. We are not aware of HPV like we should be and I really had no clue about it til I was forced to start learning, by finding out I have it. There is no way to know who got it and who gave it to who so blame isn't a good thing to try and do with HPV. :)
.,thank you, for the info,, the 1st wart i saw is now very small,, but i just found a big one in my anus,, but its diff,, Im wondering why its like a bit swollen its a bit painful ,, i guess its because of the sight it grew on,, its reddish to
Are you sure it is not a hemorrhoid? Oddly enough I had issues with one for the first time in Dec., finding out I have HPV in Jan. I have never had anal sex but I know that warts can be present in the anal area. Not that there is anything wrong with anal sex. :)  I have my doc check me there. My heemorrhoid was one of the reasons I scheduled my yearly gyn visit almost 2 months early. So my pain in the butt was actually not such a bad thing.
I dont, know,, i never have anal sex, its just a bit close at the wart i was wondering if i accidently contaminate  its kinda painful., im afraid to go back at my physician,, and i dont have money as of now,, What medication did they prescribed at your case? I told my bf,, but still afraid he might leave me for having such disease., I dont know,, Im getting paranoid
Could be a hemorrhoid. They can feel like painful boils. Had two in the last three months. Experience! Umm. From occasional fried food.
.,what can i do about hemorrhoids?
Don't get scared that wont help. Just try to save to go to the doc, or another doc if you are not comfortable witht the one you saw. See if there is a free clinic if you have anything like that. As for you bf, if he can't support you and be there through this then he wont in other serious matters in life. Best you find that out about someone before you have deeper committments together.

Hemorrhoids...don't strain when you use the bathroom. Look for cooling pads called Tucks and cream to help with the inflimation. These are sold at most stores. Take baths and put ice on the area. Eat foods that will help you have smooth bowel movements.

Again hemorrhoids are very common and most of us get them in our life time. Go easy on yourself.

.,thank you so much for the info,, im glad that I join this site it really help me alot,, thnk you so,, much at least some of my anxiety lessen down,, thnks and God bless