Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

is that possbile get hpv infection by Indirect transmission?

Dear Doctor, I come from China, because I got posthitis and a little anxiety , I usually go to the hospital std outpatient, I am afraid get HPV by touching the doorknob then turn my foreskin ( because many patients use that, and they usually repeat my procedure) , some doctors in my country tell me there is a considerable risk for std infection by touching physical objects then touch my penis, because it may have some secretions on it, can you tell can I be infected by that way? by the way, I never have sex with anyone.
No, this is not a risk. Sexually-transmitted diseases are transmitted sexually, and not by touching inanimate objects..