A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.04k Members

is this a wart (pictures included) ?

hi,
can anyone tell me if this is a wart: (cut out pictures of the same bump only / [not of my genital] ) its been there for like 2 months. my new doctor is saying that its not one! im confused cos im sure it looks like a wart.

picture 1: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3113/normalaw.jpg

picture 2 (my skin stretched): http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8596/strecthed.jpg

by the way the bump is located at the bottom of my penis where my testicles start

short history:
i've had warts for 2 years. after trying cryotherapy and aldara nothing worked so 6 months ago i started the burning option. seems to have worked. last burning session was over 3 months ago. since then nothing has appeared except for this bump. its been there for like 2 months.

thanks
4 Responses
Hard to say. Honestly I wouldn't bother it   If it is hpv it will go way    Being that you have such a mild case if it is a gw. I have gw but it's very mild.  At first I was so depressed and upset but then I realized it is just a fact of life.  It will go away and 10 years from now I won't even care or think about it. 2 years and the virus will clear. I'married and have 2 kids. I can't complain!
Most doctors are reluctant to look at pictures, so us amateurs can't help you at all.

Go to a clinic to get a real diagnosis.
yeah thanks guys. as i sad my new doctor is saying that its not a wart. but still, that bump is there and its disturbing me. its probably a wart.. ok i am a bit obsessed too but i've had enough of gw...
Ya man I understand. I really wouldn't worry about it. But I know that's easier said than done. The good news though if it was it will go away and the virus will clear. If it isn't it is just a normal part of your anatomy.  So either way it doesn't matter. If u really keep obsessing go see a dermatologist and if they aren't sure ask for a biopsy. That will give u a definite answer. That way u can move on and worry about more important things. Keep me posted!
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506631371
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.