Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

one small reddish sore near tip of penis

My bf has one small reddish sore near tip of penis? You can barely see it but we were wondering what it is.It is a bit flat and painless and has not been growing. My bf has HPV but it was on another location? So can HPV come back somewhere else on penis? Thanks
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub,folliculitis,cysts ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it.Your boyfriend can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you for the reply. The doctor at the health care center diagnosed gave him aldara cream (used for the treatment of genital warts and other conditions) . My question is, are doctors usually correct in diagnosing visually between genital warts and herpes (once again the sore was small and almost invisible, and painless and a single sore that was unchanging).

My bf does have genital herpes but because the sore in question was painless, and non-changing single sore, it didnt fit the herpes description (he gets the classic herpes outbreak-prodrome, tingling sensation, pain during urination and clusters of lesions).