Aa
A
A
A
Close
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community
7.05k Members

throat cancer

I having been reading that hpv also causes throat cancer. Is there anyone who was diagnosed with hpv cervical dyplasia and later had a problem  with others cancers?
3 Responses
what ur reading is hysteria misinformation........oral hpv warts are very rare.....so rare left untreated and muliplying they can get cancerous but so very few cases reported......genital HPV is just that ..limited 2 the genitals and warts can go to the anal area.Read up on this in the doctors forum by Drs.Hook and handsfield.
Thanks for directing me to Dr. Hook's forum. It helped to calm my fears and he talks about the same article I read which states high strain hpv (not the kind causing warts but the kind causing cervical cancer) is now a big factor in the rise of throat cancer. According to him less than 5% of people with high strain develop throat cancer. I can rest a little better now. Thanks again.
So glad u checked out the doctors forum.I read daily and have learned so much from them!Keep a reading!:)
Top STDs Answerers
3149845 tn?1506627771
fort lauderdale, FL
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.