Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Community

why has cin 3 returned after treatment

In Nov 2009 I had a routine smear test and it came back with cin 3, I went for a colposcopy and had the lletz procedure done, at the time they told me that it was 95% effective, I was still concerned but felt better knowing the statistics.
Then at the beggining of May 2010 I went for the routine six month smear and again it came back as cin 3 I am so concerned why it has come back so fast and straight back to severe.
Has anyone else had this happen and if so what will be the treatment when I go back for the colposcopy in June??
Please can anyone who has had this happen give me some reasurance as I am realy worried
Hi, I am sorry to hear about your story but don't worry because apparently it is not rare to get recurrence after 1st LLETZ and they say the second LLETZ is often more successful than the 1st one. Just be patient and keep your spirits up. Let us know how things will go.
Kisses