Huntington's Disease Community
35 Members

Does Augmentin or AMOX TR-K CLV mix with myoclonic seizure condition

Hi, I have a myoclonic seizure condition and was wondering if I should mix augmentin or as on my bottle Amox TR-K CLV? Had to go to Doctor`s Care yesterday for a UTI. He understood my condition and I asked was he sure and he then prescribed me Cipro, in which when I got home called back and asked for a changed. However, I read nothing positive concerning antibiotics when it comes to seizure patients, so what would be the best to take? Needed to know whether or not to continue taking these. Have already taken one. I do not want a seizure, and that is why I would prefer to hear from neurologist. My Dr. is in only on Fridays, and unfortunately his office is not responsible in getting things through. Even though my UTI seems to be getting better I need to know if that medication is alright to take? Also, is that even the same medicine? AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125mg TAB=Augmentin??? Please help me!!! I can only believe a neurologist!!! Thanks in advance!!!!! Sorry for posting here but the neurology expert form stated full, so I hope it is alright. Just need some help so I will not upset my seizure condition. Thanks again.  There seems to be no problem with my phenobarbital, Depakote with this antibiotic. Just worried about the seizure condition which is well under control. I am 46 yrs.
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research