Huntington's Disease Community
35 Members

is it possible to develop huntingtons 60+

My nan died of huntingtons...and my mother is one of eight.  My aunt tested positive in her 40s and symptoms were obvious then. Now she is in her late 50s and in care as her symptoms are quite severe. My question is..can my mum develop it now she is in her 60s? She is doing a degree...and living a normal life however sometimes when shes talking to me her jaw moves from side to side and she can slur slightly.  Its hard to know as I understand that behaviours can be learnt also. If anyone could help me thanks
She has never been tested by the way
An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research