Hydrocephalus Community
12 Members

Flying with a blocked spitz-holter shunt

I had a spitz-holter shunt inserted for acquired hydrocephalus following a ruptured cerebral aneurysm in 1970 at age 16 and after a craniotomy to clip the same and to remove a large AVM. This has been revised numerous times. I am currently living in Spain, and am a bit nervous of going into a Spanish hospital should the shunt block. I think I would prefer go back to the UK for a revision. Does anyone know if  it is dangerous to fly at 33-35000 feet with a malfunctioning shunt?
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Pizza or wings? We’ll help you make the right nutritional call with our Super Bowl snacks showdown.
Do you know your home’s germ hotspots?
Fact or Fiction: Common thoughts about the common cold.
Rebecca Resnik, PsyD, explains the right time to test your child for behavioral problems.
Wave goodbye to summer eats and fall in love with these 7 autumn appetite appeasers
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.