Hypertension Community
888 Members

Anxiety, blood pressure, what is it!!!???

idk what to do anymore I can't get any sleep and neither can my husband from me kicking and screaming and talking in my sleep so much well it's not really sleep Bc I'm being woke up every second Bc of it and my legs and arms are SO sore everyday from kicking all night and now my blood pressure has been sky high for over a week now I'm only 25 and my blood pressure has been 154/99 and won't go down out of the 150s well yesterday it was 145/110 and today it's 150/98 but I went to the dr and he put me on a stupid anxiety med called hydroxyzine 50mg well nothing's Changed it's not helped one bit and you know how dangerous they say it is mixing benzos with methadone and I have to take methadone everyday due to pain/health problems.... They don't know what's making my blood pressure stay so high I was having to take antibiotics and steroids Bc of some poison oak I had on my hands BUT I had stopped taking the prednisone several days prior to this happening Bc it was making my heart hurt so I don't think it was that but the dr stopped those meds and switched me to a diff antibiotic and put me on that amenity medicine hydroxyzine and nothings changed..... Last nigh was one of my worst night with me continuously kicking and screaming my husband kept telling me "Savannah your kicking again wake up for a second" but it's like I am awake and like the things I'm "dreaming" are really happening Bc as soon as I shut my eyes back BAM I'm doing it AGAIN!! We've tried pinning my legs between his and try going to sleep that way but it just winds up hurting him Bc I kick him in certain places..... So we cat do that anymore idk but It's making bad Ill feelings go on with my husband and I and this is NOT something I can control or stop or trust me I would :'( idk what to do anymore I have to go back to the dr today at 10:30am so hopefully he will be able to help this time idk the dr thinks I'm having really bad anxiety and thinks that's what's making my blood pressure go up but I just don't know.... Had anyone every experienced this and or know of an anxiety medicine that will be safe to take with methadone?? Please let me know of anything I can do or try... Thank you and God Bless!  
Prednisone can cause your blood pressure to go up...

We can't make recommendations about medicines, honey.  But I'd ask your doctor what would be safe for you to take...