Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What could it have been?

I am currently on three different Bp medication which I take daily however my Bp is consistently high the lowest it has ever been was 168/107. I am 39 years old. This weekend I attempted to run a few errands. I got up, showered, got dressed put my make up on as usual. My elevator in the building was out so I even walked down 12 flights of stairs. Once I got downstairs my body changed my entire left side became numb. Nevertheless I continued to shop dragging my left leg. I began having trouble seeing, my left side of my face was drooping and speech was slurred throughout all of this. I continued shopping until I could no longer take it. However I never went to the hospital. A day later I'm still weak my speech is a little slurred. My left arm is completely use less. I'm drenched in sweat. Is there anything I can do to fix this without going to the doctor? I recently lost my job and I have a job interview in two days. I'm afraid if I go to the doctor I will be admitted. I am a single mother of four boys and one is in his last year of college, so I need this job. I need some advise.
2 Responses
Its hard to be sure what the problem is, as we don't have your full medical history. Im not a doctor. Having read your post, I urge you to forget about 2 days time and the interview. The symptoms warrant a visit to the ER without delay. Please don't ignore it. It will probably settle, but its far too risky to be leaving this to chance. I don't want to scare you, but you need it checked out.. I advise the Doctor now or the Er . I understand about the job fears you have, but this takes precedence over that . Keep us posted
Not to scare you, but it could have been a mini stroke or a stroke.  You should go to the ER if you haven't already.  Thome symptoms you're describing are symptoms of a stroke.  Sometimes other things cause those symptoms, so it's important to be assess by a doctor.  I wish you the best, take care of yourself.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Hypertension Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.