Hysterectomy Forum

hysteroscopy

I am 41 years old and still in menstrual age. What physical problems i may have after removal of uterus and ovaries because of fibroid and 18cm large cyst.I heard to complain such ladies who removed those, having many types of problems though they are taking estrogen or progesterone and calcium medicines.I even heard that life never can be like before and sexual feelings also reduces after removal of uterus and both ovaries.If so, how can I satisfy my husband?  
Greeting Rehna,
An 18cm ovarian cyst is concerning in any patient and needs to be surgically evaluated to rule out malignancy.

Best Wishes,

Erich T. Wyckoff, MD, FACOG