Hysterectomy Community

Davinci Robotic Surgery - Hysterectomy

My doctor has recommended a vaginal hysterectomy due to prolapsed uterus.  I will also need a posterior and anterior repair.  She does not recommend robotic surgery.  She claims she would have to perform the posterior and anterior repairs vaginally and that robotic surgery is not an option.

Can a Davinci Robotic surgery be used for both hysterectomy and vaginal wall repairs?  I am considering a second opinion from a doctor who routinely performs Davinci surgery.

Thanks.
i think a second opinion would be a great idea, Im a huge fan of DaVinci Assited hyster its the best method, no doubt, as for it being used for a  a and P repair I am leaning towards agreeing w dr, but not 100% the second opinon sounds like a really goood idea, You certainly will not want a repeat a and p , its a difficult recovery, doable but tough. i have  alist of pre and post op hints on my home page for hyster surgeries, please read it if you get a min. Its under my journals,.

Good luck keep in touch , let me know when you get surgery date and if you have any other questions do feel welcomed to pm me.
Thanks for your responses.  I did get a second opinion from a doctor who was one of the first to use DaVinci.  He actually gave me the second opinion over the phone, rather than wasting his and my time.  His response:

DaVinci robotic surgery is performed only as an alternative when the patient needs abdominal surgery. A vaginal hysterectomy is still the least invasive procedure.

Also, at least in his opinion, the posterior and anterior lifts can only be corrected by going through the vagina, so my doctor was giving me correct advise.

I feel much more at ease about my situation and know that this is the appropriate procedure.

Now all I need to do is have it done and get through all of that!  (most likely early December).

Thanks.