Hysterectomy Community

Endometrial hyperplasia advice

I had an US which resulted in possible endometrial hyperplasia. Rather than have another US my dr opted to refer me to a gyno. It was a rushed appointment that I pushed for to get back my results. I have to wait for an appointment with gyno for further info and testing. So in the meantime i am going crazy trying to understand it all,  especially now that i am listening to my body more. Its only been a few days and am feeling quite upset by it all. I was just wondering what symtoms  others went through when it turned to a cancer. How did you know? What were your symtoms?  Are they extreme? I have a list of symptoms such as heavy prolonged periods with discharge back pain and even irregular heartbeat. Asthma like symtpoms. And what is your advice on a total hysterectomy - I've had kids and under age of 40.
I know our minds tend to go to the worst case scenario. But the odds are in your favor that this is not something that would require a hysterectomy. Hysterectomies are grossly overused with only about 10% being necessary. There are many causes of heavy and/or prolonged periods besides hyperplasia / abnormal cells.

Was the u/s done 1 or 2 days after your period ended? That is the best time to have one done to see if your lining is getting thinned out. It's normal for the lining to get up to 16mm during the menstrual cycle. Did you get a copy of the u/s report?    

Many things can cause abnormal bleeding from an endocrine abnormality such as thyroid to fibroids to perimenopause. None of these would warrant a hysterectomy.

I had a hysterectomy which was totally unwarranted. I was 49. I have since learned more than I ever cared to know about how vital the uterus and ovaries are to every aspect of health and well-being. I also learned that most women are misled about their need for hysterectomy as well as the many short and long-term after effects.

I will be happy to share more if you'd like.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted on what more you find out.
I had awful cramps, would have my period for weeks on end and a heavy flow doesn't even describe what I had. The gyno did a D&C because my endometriosis was horrible. I got the results back a week later. The gyno told me when he gave me the diagnosis that I would have to have a hysterectomy but referred me to an oncologist. I went on hormone therapy and within 6 months my biopsy was clear.