Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hysterectomy Community
2.41k Members

Hysterectomy/Rectocele/Entrocele Repair

I had a repair for a rectocele and an entrocele and at the same time a hysterectomy. The hyst was done vaginally, the repairs were done laprascopically through 5 incisions. I am still having heavy discharge vaginally. I still have incontinence at times, and at others I am constipated. I am afraid the op has not been totally successful although the doctor says it will settle down. Has anyone had the same experience????? Help please
2 Responses
1340994 tn?1374197577
You didn't say how long it's been.  People find that an herb called turmeric helps with healing after surgery.  It needs to be taken with fresh ground black pepper and something fatty to absorb.  Take it twice a day.  Look up golden paste.  
From one of your other posts, it appears that your surgery was about 6 weeks ago. I don't think you should be having heavy discharge at this point. Have you been checked for an infection?

As far as the incontinence and constipation, that can happen after hysterectomy and probably more so when repairs are done. Not only do the bladder and bowel get "cranky" after being handled, the uterus is no longer there as an "anchor" for these organs.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.