Hysterectomy Community

Should I have the hysterectomy???

I am 47 years old and am scheduled to have a hysterectomy this Wednesday and I am very confused on what to do. I have fibroids in my uterus, I just had a biopsy on my cervix 2 weeks ago due to abnormal cells (it was OK) and I have a complex cyst on my ovary. I have had a crampy pain on that side for 4 months. I am prone to ovarian cysts as they come and go for me though not always complex like the one I currently have. 2 years ago I had 1 ovary removed because it got twisted and looked like a mass but when they got in there it was just twisted. I have had 4 abdominal surgeries in my life and have lots of scar tissue in the area.  My Mother had cervical cancer when I was young and has been fine for years BUT two years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer and went through treatments and then they found ovarian cancer which has spread and she is not doing well and has stopped treatments.  My doctor, who I trust and who did my last surgery, recommends a hysterectomy for me with my problems and Mothers history.  I have heard horror stories about it and the homorne therapy decision.   Is it best for me to get it all out or roll the dice?  My sister who is 1 year older than me just had a hysterectomy with no hormone therapy. Is it better to do it that way?  I am scheduled for surgery this Wednesday and I feel very confused.  I am afraid of what may be on my ovary.  I have had the "cancer" bloodwork which was fine but I know not accurate as my Moms was also fine.  Is surgery induced menopause horrible compared to natural. I am hearing horror stories.   Another question.  Is the bladder OK after this kind of surgery? My doctor says I will not need a bladder support but I dont know. Id love to hear some positive comments as I am scared out of my wits!!
Hi there. Sorry that you are going through this. I cannot advice on hyst.or not but I can tell you that I had severe endometriosis and had a complete hyst.2 yrs ago due to the pain and risk of organs twisting. I am currently taking 1mg of estradiol and Praise God it is working for me. My bladder is fine but the endo caused issues with urythra "not sure on spelling sorry" so I have to take enablex to avoid accidents. My doc told me before surgery that this was a possibilty. If yours is saying you should be ok then chances are you will be. Every one is different so my issues or any one else's may not be the same for you. Please try not to let horror stories effect your decision you know your body and should make the decision on what is Best for YOU.Good luck and God speed for your recovery. :)
by the way I am 46
Thank you for taking the time to answer me. I am very upset in hearing so many negatives. I so appreciate your words!
You might consider getting screened for BRAC1 and BRAC2 to see if you are genetically predisposed to ovarian and breast cancer