A
A
A
Close
Hysterectomy Community
2.42k Members
378528 tn?1232255351

granulosa cell tumor

Hello, I am a 52 year old female and  I recently had surgery to remove granulosa cell tumor on my ovary. Tumor was totally encapsulated with no leakage. Problem is this tumor sat there for one year as the old doctor did not read the results of an ultra sound from January, 2007 and somebody else found it just this dec 14 which is when i had surgery. Removed uterus, both ovaries, cervix  and mass which was quite large. Uterus was benign. Original diagnosis of tumor was benign but i have since received a phone call saying it was malignant but looked like it had not spread.  I am now waiting on consult with cancer clinic in our city. Anyone else have this set of circumstances. I have been sick since march with stomache issues and have lost quite a bit of weight. Original diagnosis was stomache ailment. Bleh! Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks, krista
1 Responses
106886 tn?1281291572
Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are having to go through all this.

I wanted to suggest that you try the Ovarian Cancer (patient to patient) forum with this question. I think the people who run Medhelp would not mind if you copied and pasted this question and ran it over there.

Such a great group of women there...great here, too...just that I have been posting on the other forum since approx. 2003 and it is an "older" forum in that some of the people have been posting there for some time. And, I am thinking you will get a response. Not saying that you have Ovarian cancer, but many women post over there while they are awaiting their diagnosis and so you might find someone who has gone through the same thing as you, or close to it.

Take care,

Mary
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
4769306 tn?1568490209
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.