Hysterectomy Community

ovarian cycts 20yrs after hysterectomy

I have been having severe lower back pain for about a year.  I had a total hysterectomy when I was 26 years old. (so I thought)  My regular doctor sent me for an MRI to find out the problem when I met with him he said  you have artheritus and a bulging disk.  but of more concern is the cycst on your overy. we need to do an MRI on that to get a better look at it.  this time we will concentrate on the overy.  I looked at him like he was crazy and said I don't have any overy's because in Las Vegas I had a total hysterectomy he said that they must have left an overy in or at least a part of one and the overy has a cycst on it.  I am 45 years old and really worried.  I have also been experiencing depression (crying) that comes and goes.  I am usually a very happy person.  I know that I don't have a uterus or cervix at least thats what my O.B. says.  please tell me anything that can help me.   Kathy
They either left an ovary or you have an ovary remnant.  Do come on over and join the Ovarian Cysts forum.  The Health Pages attached to it describe the different types of cysts which you may find helpful.  Us ladies over there will help you walk through this whole process.  I am also 45 and just had a grapefruit sized fluid filled cyst plus my right ovary and tube removed 3 weeks ago.  

All the best,
Trudie