Aa
A
A
A
Close
Hysterectomy Community
2.41k Members

ovarian cycts 20yrs after hysterectomy

I have been having severe lower back pain for about a year.  I had a total hysterectomy when I was 26 years old. (so I thought)  My regular doctor sent me for an MRI to find out the problem when I met with him he said  you have artheritus and a bulging disk.  but of more concern is the cycst on your overy. we need to do an MRI on that to get a better look at it.  this time we will concentrate on the overy.  I looked at him like he was crazy and said I don't have any overy's because in Las Vegas I had a total hysterectomy he said that they must have left an overy in or at least a part of one and the overy has a cycst on it.  I am 45 years old and really worried.  I have also been experiencing depression (crying) that comes and goes.  I am usually a very happy person.  I know that I don't have a uterus or cervix at least thats what my O.B. says.  please tell me anything that can help me.   Kathy
1 Responses
483733 tn?1326802046
They either left an ovary or you have an ovary remnant.  Do come on over and join the Ovarian Cysts forum.  The Health Pages attached to it describe the different types of cysts which you may find helpful.  Us ladies over there will help you walk through this whole process.  I am also 45 and just had a grapefruit sized fluid filled cyst plus my right ovary and tube removed 3 weeks ago.  

All the best,
Trudie
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
4769306 tn?1568493809
NC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.