Immunization & Vaccine Community
681 Members

Tingling after Swine Flu Vaccine Chapter 2

Here is the continuation of surfnsand247's original Tingling after Swine Flu Vaccine.
Hi, zorf: maybe it's my computer but I also wasn't sure how many comments we could post under one question. Hopefully no one minds, I was just trying to make it easier for us all.

rnneedshelp: glad you are getting extra supports. what is gulf war syndrome?

I had a crappy night; couldn't sleep because of the tingling. I basically only sleep when exhausted. The tingling started to act up more again; possibly because I might have overdone it yesterday. Anyone have suggestions how to sleep???
In the next day or two can everyone check in how they're doing? It's helpful to all of us to see how this is all going. Thanks!
Are we gonna make it like Rocky? Tingling 2 the Revenge? My suggestion on how to sleep....is already known! Ok, I don't want to transform all of you in a bunch of drug addicted, but have you tried a tranquillizer just once? Just to see whether your tingling diminishes the moment you calm down?
@rnneeedshelp: as my "colleague" has written, you are anxious over the symptoms, not the opposite, and the same is for all of us. I can tell you that when I read in Internet about GBS or the Gulf War Syndrome I started feel terrible and got tense all over the body....I stopped reading that stuff, because it actually made me feel worse! Better to read here. In these days I am ok, I hope it can last.
I just had a follow up appointment with one of my doctor's today.  As I had mentioned in my earlier posts I am already taking an ammino acid high potency complex  which is really helping reduce my anxiety and also allowing me to sleep.  When I mentioned about the continuing muscle weakness, she has suggested A.O.R. brand magnesium Malate Renew which is used for fibromyalgia and other neurological problems.  All of these are totally natural ways to help the body to heal itself.  She tested my reflexes again and assured me that this should run it's course and leave no residual effects.  It's always so great to be reassured, because this week it really feels like my muscles are going into spasms more than they were before.  Anyway, stay strong everyone and take care!
Hi, My name is Shelley, I am a 43 yr. old female and I had the H1N1 vaccine on 11/3/2009.  I have had many of the same symptoms as all of you.  I am very weak and even typing this is difficullt.  I have gone down hill in the past week.  My autonomic NS has been acting up also.  I go from constipation to diarrhea on and off.  I am trying to get in to a new neurologist at Mass General Hospital.  They said hopefully before Christmas.  I hope to not get any more weak before then.  I did go to a neurologist last Friday who said I have polyneuropathy.  I have started to go much further down hill though.  I have read all the posts here and feel for all of you.  I hope we all recover sooner than later.  Shelley  
Yes, Francy, I like the "revenge"! ha ha
I actually slept not too bad last night. I took liquid calcium/magnesium at dinner time as recommended, had a warm bath and I applied this lavender, rosemary, cinnamon, arnica, eucalyptus cream called "dream cream" all over and that included my sinuses; which drained like crazy (I didn't even know they were clogged either!). It was the best night in five weeks. Not my usual snore-a-thon but still pretty good after the many sleepless nights I've (we've all) had.

I just got back from the naturopath and she gave me a "Myers Cocktail" by intravenous. I feel pretty good and "warm". She also got my blood and spinal tap results from my medical doctor. She said all results were good-normal but my white blood cell count was borderline high, which means that my immune system was working big-time to counter-act the vaccines.  

Yes, I can't look at anymore of these diseases and conditions online either because my heart starts racing and I feel sick. Until one of these doctors give me a "firm" diagnosis I am staying away from finding out more.

Lindac790: my naturopath gave me vitamin c powder with amino acids that you mention but I've just been taking it for 2 days now so it probably needs time to work. I will ask her about the Malate Renew. Thanks.

Shell0726: hi, sorry that you had to join us here, but glad you found us. What did the neurologist say about polyneuropathy? recovery time? any instructions for follow-up? did you get any meds? Seriously think about going to a naturopath for extra health support, get someone to call and drive you there. Also, go see your medical doctor if you feel that you have worsened. I got the flu shots on Nov 5th and there have been days that I felt that I went "backwards" and then I would improve again.  Look at our original forum (Tingling after Swine Flu Vaccine) where there are over 150 comments for more feedback and suggestions. Take care and keep in touch so we know how you're doing.

I might try the magnesium renew.  I get nervous to put anything in my body it is so messed up right now.  A previous doctor told me turmeric is supposed to reduce inflammation- I may try that also.  I have been reading all your comments- they poisoned us.  I don't trust the neurologist who diagnosed polyneuropathy.- he put me on Elavil.(for nerve pain)  I have gone downhill since I saw him last and he has not been much help.    I am trying to get into Mass General- they are supposed to have great neurologists if you are in the North East.  I live in New Hampshire.  I feel so bad for the woman whose water broke and pray for her and her baby. Did you have muscle pain and weakness?  My symptoms didn't start until a couple weeks after the flu shot.  Thanks for your post.
I too like coriecl had trouble getting to see all the posts in the other forum. Glad there is a new one started now! After numerous trips to see doctor's I went to the hospital to the emergency to get tested. The doctor said he didn't know what's wrong and that he never saw anything like this in medical school. He tested my strength, reflexes, and poked me with a sharp point on a tongue depresser. I also had a blood test. Everything turned out fine. Yesterday I felt really good. I think I did too much though cause today my arm near my arm pit is really sore (it feels like sore muscles) and my neck muscle is sore too. It has been 10 days since my shot. The tingling and numbness has mostly gone away except in my feet now it's just muscle soreness....
Dear Shelley, I think you need a good, proper neurological visit, inclusive of all the necessary exams - I really hope you can get one before Christmas, so you will be able to spend yor holidays without any worries. As you see, we are all very similar, but at the same time very different, each takes their own time, some of us have recovered relatively quickly, others are still there in the middle of it. Every time you start feeling better, you have to expect another little worsening and then better again, up and down. Muscle pain and soreness is typical: I have always had that together with the tingling. For Iceskater: my neck and shoulder muscles ached like mad during the worst times! But that's also given to tension and anxiety: usually a very hot shower (with the water jet just aimed at that point) managed to relieve the situation.
Now I must go, don't give up and stay tuned! Bye.
All of this is taking a toll on my mental state! One day, I'm OK. Next day, it's all I can do not to cry. I'm so thankful that I have my medhelp friends! Because you are truly the only ones that understand what I'm going through.

Shelley: Yes, I've had muscle pain and weakness. Tingling and muscle weakness started 5 days after the vaccine for me. However, my biceps were sore and I had fatigue immediately after. I remember having two dizzy spells and a weird feeling in my stomach like something in it dropped right after the vaccine. I hope you get into see the neurologists that you want soon. Please don't forget to keep us posted as to what they say. And don't forget one of us is usually on here everyday for support for each other so post anytime.

Iceskater: I work in a hospital authority with many doctors and let's just say some doctors are okay, others barely passable, and some are great. So don't worry about what one doctor says. If you are still concerned, ask to be referred to a neurologist.

Francy: are you all better now? or do you still have tingles?

Last question: is anyone's feet more sweaty than usual like mine? weird symptom I know.
Oh, I forgot to mention your arm pit pain, I've had the same pain. It's likely your lymph node(s) that are clogged and need to be drained. I went to a massage therapist on Tuesday and had a lymphatic massage; however, you can google lymphatic drain massage or lymph nodes and find some ways to drain it yourself if you can't see or wait for a massage therapist. Irritatingly enough, my lymph nodes -this time both sides- are sore again today, which means they need to be drained again...so just know that you may have to do this more than once.
Hi, I rec'd the vaccine 12/9 and 30 hours after started with the numbness / tingling / and just all over cold.  Has anyone eles been cold ?  Feel like cold water in their vains ?  My tingling/numbness moves about - feet / legs, hands/arms, chest, head etc...  Here it is 12/13 and still doing the same thing.  I have read things on other sites that say it's more then likely a transit immune reaction.. does that sound about right ?  I aslo have Fibermyalgia and wonderd if anyone else had a auto immune condition?  I am going to see my GP tomorrow to make sure we can start ruling out the scary GBS.  It's been a long 4 days for sure and it seems like it's going to be a long few weeks.

Thanks for all your post.  I don't feel so alone reading them.  My hubby is not the most supportive about this because he was against the shot to start with.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments