Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Acute Hives after Flu Jab

This is not so much a question as a comment. and i was wondering if anyone else had this experience as i'd be curious to exchange notes ....

Around 4 years ago I too took the flu jab. and a couple of days later - hives developed, which progressed rapidly till i went into anaphylactic shock. nice! a year of consultations, tests, medication and DESPAIR followed. for 7 months i was on 40 - 50 mg of ultralan DAILY (it seemed to work better than Prednisone), 2 atarax tablets, 3-4 Xyzal (or zyrtec) daily. if i even tried to lessen the dose then my lips, tongue, eyes and throat would swell. the hives lessened but never fully went away. my weight ballooned and i was in a constant stupor and NOT HAPPY. oh noooo. eventually i started bi-weekly sessions of acupuncture which really really helped and finally i was off the medication. i still take a daily xyzal otherwise the hives come back not the anaphylaxis though. it took another 2 years to lose the steroid bloat.
the steroids muck up your system totally. still can't take most dairy products. most of my teeth fillings fell out and other healthy teeth started crumbling. my bones were brittle. i would rather have 30 swine flus then ever take steroids again. health seems to be back in order now but it was a nightmare and half and i don't relish taking an antihistamine daily for the unforseeable future.
if the jab can cause autoimmune problems like Guillain Barre Syndrome - then what are Chronic Idiopathic Hives but an autoimmune problem?
my advice - STAY AWAY FROM FLU JABS. the alternative is worse!
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I hear your pain and am sorry for the health issues you have had to face. Had a very bad reaction to the H1N1 vacc and have been posting over on Chap. 2 and the Path to Recovery...it has been a nightmare for many. I have been flat on my back for 6 weeks and counting...

I have read stories about the same reaction as you - hives and serious allergy like symptoms. Hope you are better now.

Take care,

Cathy
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Immunization Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments