Immunization Community
689 Members

pediarix instead of pentacel by mistake

I have my daughter on a delayed vaccine schedule to minimize aluminum exposure .  At 2 months she was to get dtap and rotavirus. The dtap vaccine that was requested was daptacel and I asked to double check. A couple days later it was realized that the pediarix combo vaccine (dtap, polio, and hep b) was given instead.

I don't want to keep giving the combo and would rather give the daptacel. Do I continue on with dtap schedule using different brand or do I need to start over?
Hi there,
DAPTACEL is a vaccine indicated for active immunization against diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis as a five dose series in infants and children 6 weeks through 6 years of age. Combination vaccines save between 3 to 6 injections during the first 2 years of life .Pediarix is a DTaP-Hep B-IPV Combination Vaccine. This is a FDA approved vaccine .It is safe and effective. Since you have already started series of Pediarix it is better to continue with the same. Do not miss out doses of Haemophilus influenza B vaccine and rotavirus. Discuss it with your Local Paediatrician.Do keep us posted.
Take care and kind regards!
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments