Immunization Community
689 Members

tetanus question

I cut myself Sunday with a rusty File, didn't notice till Wednesday night and went and got immunized Thursday day.  I had to get the shot anyway due to school, I have had it once before but that was at least in 2002 (possibly earlier).  Should I worry?  I am a self admitted hypochondriac and just want to know if those four days were enough for the tetanus bacteria to attach to my nervous system.

Thanks in advance
Hi!
After primary immunization completes at 5 years, you must get a tetanus booster when you are 11-12 years old and then every 10 years. You may have some antibodies left from previous immunizations and the current booster should help fight against any bacteria that entered your body. So, please do not worry as you took a booster shot. Just remember to take one every 10 years.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments